Friday 2 August 2024

Stressed Squirrels

I am lacking energy in this muggy heat. I always find that pushing through things is usually worth it, but it is heavy-going. 

I managed to "push out" a paper on citizen science last week, and am quite pleased to have done that. It wasn't easy, but it is furnishing an argument which is common to almost everything I am doing at the moment. Other papers are ready to go too, and the acceptance of this one makes the others easier. 

I am also pushing out a response to a rather tortuous paper on cancel culture. Everything is tortuous there - that's the point of it I suspect. Nature isn't so tortuous however. If it was we wouldn't be here. That's interesting. How are we different? There is, as Bateson observed, a fundamental difference between the way people think and the way nature works.

Living and loving is a struggle. Is that a universal principle? Or is it only humans that make such heavy weather of existence? I don't see many stressed squirrels on my way to work.



No comments: