The video for this improvisation is a (highly compressed) version of some videos I've prepared for a module on Educational Cybernetics we are preparing for some Chinese Universities. There are three main elements to it:
1. The cybernetics of the person
2. The cybernetics of communication and social structure
3. The cybernetics of learning activity
I touch on the idea of learning as emancipation, and the importance of free expression (drawing on Paulo Freire). The technologies to support this are explained as primarily addressing the two principle issues:
1. What sort of activities can we organise for our learners online
2. How can online activities be coordinated.
The technologies to support this are for (1) Wookie; and for (2) LAMS and IMS LD